Monday, June 9, 2014

Are You Christian In Public?

Are you a Christian in public?

I came to a time in my life when I had to decide I would be for God or not.  What did that mean?  I had to decide to stand up for Him.  I wasn't sure how to do that.  Sometimes it is clear others are not open to hearing about my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.  God gave us something called discernment. Hebrews 5:14 "But strong meat belongeth to them that are of full age, even those who by reason of use have their senses exercised to discern both good and evil."

You may want to shout it from the rooftops, that doesn't mean anyone will listen. You can discern when people are not open to Him. You can tell when others have ill will toward you.  God said in the Bible in Mathew 7:6  "Don't throw your pearls to swine".  I think of this when others are not being so nice or trying to trick me in some way.  I have come to listen to that little voice that says "No now would not be the time."
I have a friend that is not a Christian.  She never wants to hear about God.  That is her choice. This does not change me.  I love God and He loves me. You have to decide who you are and be proud of it.  Find out where you gauge is.
If we have non-Christians on one end of the gauge and evangelist believers on the other, where would you be?  Do you pray in public? How much is too bold or pushy? One thing I have learned is you cannot hide the God in you.  He pours out of you in many ways. You are an example for others even if you were not trying to be.  While living my life, God finds a way of showing himself then I have to stand up for Him.  This is uncomfortable sometimes.
Don't underestimate the power of God.  Take a leap of faith and let Him shine through you.  Where is your gauge?




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank for sharing.

Be sure to check out my author page. Where teaching kids Christianity can be fun. http://www.adventuresofpetalflower.com

Blessings to you.
Kristie L. Foreman